These waffles are so delicious! We have them every Saturday as our special weekend breakfast. This is similar to my pancake recipe except I double the portion and have different instructions. They are gluten free and dairy free, but not yummy-free!
- 6 large eggs*
- 2 5.4 oz can full-fat coconut milk (I use this kind)
- 6 tablespoons almond milk
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Sea salt to taste
- Grassfed butter (for toppping, optional)
- Real Maple Syrup (for dipping, optional)
- In a medium size bowl whisk the eggs and then mix in the rest of the wet ingredients
- In a separate medium size bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix
- Turn on waffle maker and wait until it indicates its ready
- Pour 1 cup of batter into waffle maker, use spoon to spread out into waffle maker evenly, turn waffle maker over, and set timer for 4 minutes
- Cook the waffle for 4 minutes and then remove carefully with a fork
- Serve with butter and maple syrup as toppings and enjoy!
*If you are egg-free you can make a vegan version of these pancakes by making 3 flaxseed eggs. Just mix 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed and 9 tablespoons of water together and let it sit 5-8 minutes before mixing in with the rest of the wet ingredients. This egg-free version of the waffle batter will not be as fluffy like their egg counterpart, but when I had to make the egg-free version for my son temporarily he didn’t seem to notice the difference and loved them all the same.