I love this recipe because it tastes so fresh and light with the summer veggies, fresh lime juice, green onions and cilantro.
Also, I am a huge fan of my cast iron. It makes the food taste so much better! For this recipe I try to cook everything in the same pan which adds to the flavor but it does take a bit longer since I have to split it up in batches.
This recipe is for about 6-8 servings.
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 4 large handfuls of green beans cut in half
- 2 handfuls of sugar snap peas
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, top & seeds removed, sliced
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 finger of fresh ginger, peeled and minced or shredded
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, ends removed and chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, ends removed and chopped
- 4 large handfuls of mushrooms, sliced
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 limes, quartered
- 2 lb of organic pastured chicken thigh
- 2 cups white basmati rice
- black pepper to taste
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons or so of Extra virgin olive oil -or- Avocado oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan
- Cut up the chicken thigh into bite size pieces and place in cast iron pan
- Sprinkle pepper and salt over chicken
- Add in about half of the minced ginger
- As the chicken cooks add more pepper and salt
- Right before the chicken is done add in about half of the chopped garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes
- Move chicken to a dish. I put mine straight into a glass storage container with a lid to keep warm.
- Add about half of the veggies to the pan (…Unless you have a pan big enough to do all of them. I do mine in two batches.)
- Add more oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper
- Add in about half of the remaining minced ginger
- Saute the veggies until done. Right before they are done add in about half of the remaining minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat this with the second batch of veggies
- Cook rice according to instructions
- I suggest using chicken broth instead of water to enhance flavor
Assemble & Toppings:
- Now its time to eat!
- Layer the bottom of your plate with the rice, then add your chicken and veggies.
- Don’t forget your amazing toppings: Cilantro, Green onions, and Lime Juice!!! Do not. I repeat do not forget the lime juice. Seriously.