If you are a low-sugar, healthy-eater type of person then for you this recipe is called “Cookie Balls”. To you this will feel like a very special treat. If you tend to eat sugar regularly in your diet then to you this recipe will be called “Power Balls” or “Granola Balls”. To you this will seem more like a healthy snack rather than a treat.
It seems weird but what we name the recipe is important becomes a big part of how we enjoy a recipe has to do with our expectation of it. See what I did there?! 🙂
Whoever you are, I do think you will enjoy this quick yummy but healthy treat. If I am feeling like a little treat but don’t want to have a full out dessert this is my go to. Sometimes I need just a tiny snack for energy before heading on a hike and one of these does the trick!
You can also customize this recipe to your preferences. Choose your favorite nut butter, your favorite sweetener, your favorite add-ins. You really can’t go wrong so long as they form into delicious little balls.
- 1/4 flaxseed
- 1/4 chia seed
- 2/3 cup almond butter (or peanut butter if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Mix flaxseed, chia seed, chocolate chips and oats together in a medium bowl
- Mix in nut butter and honey.
- Massage in mixture with your hands until well combined (don’t over mix or it will become crumbly and hard to make into balls)
- Form small 1″ size balls with your hands
- Place balls into glass container. Separate levels with parchment paper.
- Put in fridge to set (a few hours)