My son and I were both craving something chocolaty and cold so that’s when I decided to experiment with a chocolate mousse in my kitchen with the items I had on hand. It turned out delicious!
It has healthy fat and not very much sugar compared to store bought options. If you are keto or prefer a lower sugar option you can swap the chocolate chips for cocoa powder and skip the maple syrup.
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 5.4 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup (depending on how sweet you prefer)
- a pinch or two of sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in blender
- Scoop into a covered bowl/container and put in fridge to cool for a few hours