This is a recipe to add to your winter comfort foods list. During the colder months we have a lot of soups and stews. It’s nice to have a recipe like this in between soup meals to change it up but still have a nice warm comfort meal. Try it out and let me know how you like it!
- 2.5 lbs organic pastured chicken thigh
- 1/2 of a yellow medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (29 oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of Basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- Spread olive oil around in the inside of your slowcooker
- Combine all ingredients except for bay leaves inside the slowcooker
- Stir to combine everything, making sure that the chicken is well coated.
- Place the two bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours
- Cook Basmati rice according to directions with Chicken Broth (instead of water)
- Serve Chicken Tikki over rice