We were all pretty excited about the holiday and equally excited about having the week after off from work and school. I made a list of new activities for us to do during my older son’s holiday school break. I wanted to think of some new seasonly things to do besides the normal art/puzzles/etc. we usually do on weekend mornings before we make our way outside. It was fun for him to do something new and winter-ish.
12 Kids Winter Activity Ideas:
- Make cranberry strings for the birds. (My niece did this with her kiddos and I thought it was such a great idea!)
- Get pomegranates from store & take out seeds (have them do this in the bathtub with pomegranates in a big bowl)
- Holiday coloring sheets (like this one)
- Make homemade ornaments (there are many ideas for this online but we just pulled out some sticky sequins, paper, and a hole puncher)
- Make snowflakes (like this one)
- Penguins go iceskating! Put kid in bathtub with a plastic stool to put icecubes on and toy penguins. (I bought this kind).
- Decorate a felt Xmas tree (like this one)
- Make bracelets (beads on stretchy jewelry string)
- Create a paper tree Advent Calendar
- Make perler bead gifts for people & then wrap them
- Bundle up and take lots of nature walks
- Watch the musical ‘White Christmas’
What are your kids doing this winter? I’d love to hear your ideas. Comment below!